Terms & Conditions
General Conditions of Entry to Blackrock Leprechaun Chase
In these Conditions the following definitions shall apply:
the agreement between you and Blackrock Business Network comprised of the Event Conditions and these Conditions of Entry;
the event organised by Blackrock Business Network;
the terms and conditions, in addition to these Conditions of Entry, provided to you by Blackrock Business Network in respect of the Event;
the date of the Event, as specified in the Event Conditions;
the fee payable by you to Blackrock Business Network in consideration of your participation in the Event, as specified in the Event Conditions;
“we”, “Leprechaun Chase”
means Blackrock Business Network trading as Leprechaun Chase.
means you the Event participant.
· 1.1 By submitting your application and paying your Fee you are agreeing to enter the Event and also agree to abide by these Conditions of Entry, the Event Conditions and any instructions given to you by the organisers and officials of the Event.
2. CHANGE OF DETAILS
· 2.1 If your details change after you have submitted your application, please contact Leprechaun Chase event team to advise.
3. EVENT SAFETY
· 3.1 At all times during the Event you must adhere to all instructions given by the Event officials.
· 3.2 It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the correct equipment, footwear and clothing for the Event, taking the weather conditions into account.
· 3.3 You are not permitted to be accompanied by your pets or other animals when participating in the Event.
· 3.4 Your participation in the Event is personal to you, you are strictly prohibited from swapping, selling or transferring your place in the Event or allowing any other person to wear your Event number and participate in your place. If you are found to be in breach of this Condition 3.4 we reserve the right to exclude you from participation in future Events.
· 3.5 You are not permitted to use the following items in the Event:-
o 3.5.1 roller skates;
o 3.5.2 wheel barrows;
o 3.5.3 cycles;
o 3.5.4 buggies; or
o 3.5.5 any other item that could potentially inhibit the flow or safety of other participants or which we, in our reasonable opinion, deem may cause danger or risk of danger to you or other participants.
· 3.6 You will only be permitted to wear fancy dress costumes for certain Events as expressly stated in the Event Specific Conditions, and in any event we reserve the right to prevent you from participating in the Event if we determine in our sole discretion that the fancy dress outfit may cause danger or risk of danger to you or other participants.
· 3.7 You warrant to Blackrock Business Network that you are, and will be on the Event Date, sufficiently fit and healthy to participate in the Event unaided and in accordance with the Agreement. If you are in any doubt we recommend that you seek medical advice.
4. EVENT EJECTION
· 4.1 We reserve the right to refuse entry to the Event or ask you to cease participation if:-
o 4.1.1 you fail to follow instructions given by Event officials;
o 4.1.2 you attempt to participate in the Event in a manner that we, acting reasonably, believe:-
o 4.1.3 may cause injury to you;
o 4.1.4 may cause injury to another participant;
o 4.1.5 may damage or harm the environment;
o 4.1.6 is likely to cause offence; or
o 4.1.7 otherwise causes a risk or potential risk to health and safety including any failure, in whole or in part, to comply with the restrictions in Condition 3 above (Event Safety);
· 4.2 in our opinion you are unfit to participate in the Event due to:-
o 4.2.1 the consumption of alcohol;
o 4.2.2 the use of drugs;
o 4.2.3 an injury or illness; or
· 4.3 you fail to arrive at the start location at the specified time; or
· 4.4 you are unable to make sufficient progress in the Event to allow you to complete the event in line with timelines set by Event officials, as identified by the last support vehicle
5. CANCELLATION BY YOU
· 5.1 You should inform Blackrock Business Network immediately, in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org if you incur an injury or develop a medical condition which prevents you from participating in the Event and need to withdraw. If you provide supporting medical evidence of such injury or medical condition we may, at our discretion refund the fee.
6. CANCELLATION BY Blackrock Business Network
· 6.1 We may cancel the Event if circumstances beyond our reasonable control arise, including, without limitation, war, civil or political unrest, terrorism or inclement weather conditions.
· 6.2 Blackrock Business Network reserves the right to cancel the Event if one month before the Event Date we have not, in our sole discretion, received sufficient number of applications to ensure that there are enough participants to make the Event economically viable.
· 6.3 In such circumstances:-
o 6.3.1 we will, if practicable, provide written notice of cancellation to the address we hold for you. In the event that written notice is not practicable due to the timescales involved we will use reasonable endeavours to provide other suitable methods of notice including, e-mail, mobile phone, text message, television and radio broadcasts; and
o 6.4 In the event of cancellation of the Event we will have no responsibility for any costs incurred as a result of cancellation including any travel or accommodation costs, including your travel to the Event location.
· 6.5 If in the following circumstances:-
o 6.5.1 we cancel the Event if circumstances beyond our reasonable control arise, or
o 6.5.2 we cancel the Event in accordance with Condition 6.2,
7. DATA PROTECTION
· 7.1 For the purposes of this Condition, personal information includes medical data collected for health and safety purposes (“Personal Information”).
· 7.2 You agree that your Personal Information can be stored, used by Blackrock Business Network and our Event partners in connection with the organisation, staging and administration of the Event.
· 7.3 Medical information will only be used to allow medical assistance to be given on the Event Date.
· 7.4 You agree that your Personal Information may be anonymised and the anonymised data may be used by Blackrock Business Network and our Event partners in connection with the compilation of statistical information and to improve health and safety procedures at future events.
· 7.5 You agree that your name and contact details can be used by Blackrock Business Network and our Event partners for the purposes of:-
o 7.5.1 the promotion and marketing of the Event;
o 7.5.2 adding you to a mailing list to keep you informed about any future events and services which we believe you might be interested in, such as leisure activities relating to either similar types of events or activities;
o 7.5.3 promotional and marketing material in respect of similar events, other community based activities organised by our Event Partners,
o (together the “Marketing Information”). If you object to such, please see Condition 7.7.
· 7.6 We shall take all necessary steps to ensure that Personal Information or Marketing Information pertaining or relating to you which comes into the possession or control of Blackrock Business Network or our Event partners shall not be:-
o 7.6.1 used or reproduced in whole or in part in any form except for the purposes outlined in these Conditions;
o 7.6.2 disclosed to any person not authorised by you to receive it; or
o 7.6.3 altered, deleted, added to or otherwise interfered with (except where expressly permitted by these Conditions).
· 7.7 If you would not like Blackrock Business Network or our Event partners to use the Marketing Information or Personal Information other than for purposes related solely to your participation in the Event, please e-mail Blackrock Business Network at email@example.com You may also withdraw your consent by ticking the appropriate box on your application form.
· 7.8 By agreeing to the terms and conditions you will receive a limited number of welfare emails which will include training information and latest updates on the Event itself.
8. CHANGES TO THE EVENT
· 8.1 We reserve the right to reduce the course distance, change the course, or make any other amendment to the Event that we deem necessary to stage the Event. Any change to the Event will be communicated to you at the Event or sooner if practicable.
· 8.2 Should the course distance be reduced as per clause 8.1 above for the avoidance of doubt you agree that the Event is still deemed to be staged and that we will not be liable to you for any refund.
9. USE OF IMAGE
· 9.1 The Event may be televised and photographs may be taken which capture your participation in the Event. You agree to the publication of photographs and broadcasts of your image which accurately depict your participation in the Event in the context of a report which relates solely to the Event as such.
· 9.2 Your photograph, image, name or voice will not be used in any other specific broadcast, telecast, advertising, promotion or other medium without your consent.
10. FINISHER’S PACK
You will only receive a finishers pack if you complete the Event. No finishers packs will be provided to spectators or participants who do not complete the Event. Leprechaun Chase reserves the right to change the style, size and type of mementos offered in the finishers pack.
11. TAKING PART FOR A CHARITY
· 11.1 Your entry to the Event will be acknowledged via a confirmation email. If you are taking part to raise money for a charity you should not enter into any sponsorship raising until your receive this email.
12. MEDICAL CONDITIONS
· 12.1 It is strongly recommended that you train for the Event and prepare for the challenge. If you have not exercised before or for some time, you should consult your doctor before commencing your training for the Event.
· 13.1 In no event shall we be liable to you, whether for breach of contract, any tortious act or omission (including negligence) or otherwise, under or in connection with the Agreement for any:
o 13.1.1 loss or damage;
o 13.1.2 loss of profit;
o 13.1.3 loss of reputation;
o 13.1.4 loss of business, revenue or goodwill;
o 13.1.5 loss of anticipated savings;
o 13.1.6 pledges made on your behalf or by you to charity; or
o 13.1.7 consequential or indirect loss, regardless of whether the loss or damage:
§ (a) would arise in the ordinary course of events;
§ (b) is reasonably foreseeable; or
§ (c) is in the contemplation of the parties, or otherwise.
· 13.2 Nothing in this Agreement shall affect our liability for death or personal injury, fraud, or any other liability to the extent it cannot be excluded or limited by law.
14. DEFERMENT POLICY